Monday, March 16, 2020

Just Keep Swimming

Let's face it in the last week, a lot has changed. A LOT. Just over a week ago, COVID-19 aka Coronavirus was a news story popping up on social media feeds, a reminder that we all need to be better about washing our hands, and a real concern overseas, not in the US. Within a matter of days, the number of cases escalated quickly, and we went from business as usual to working from home, schools closing, events being cancelled, and the temporary closing of theme parks, stores, bars and restaurants. Now, all of us have quickly learned what social distancing is and doing our best to do just that. (Although, if you're an introvert like me, you've probably been training for social distancing your whole life...)

Image result for no touchy 

I am not going to use this blog to start discussing COVID-19 or anything related to that. First of all, I am not a doctor. Second, there is plenty of videos, articles, and opinions on that... every where. Instead, I'll take some time to discuss what I am doing outside of real estate work to socially distance myself to entertain you and give you some ideas of things to do when the boredom sets in. 

Having worked all weekend, today was really my first day off, which means it felt like a fairly normal day. I spent it getting a few errands done as quickly as possible. I picked up some supplies for a home project I've been meaning to do for months and will finally get done in the next few days (stay tuned...), grocery shopping (no, I didn't panic buy - grocery stores are not closing, there is not a food shortage, stay calm, folks), laundry (because that's never going away), some real estate work on the computer, and lastly playing the ukulele (when everything is changing just keep calm and jam on). In all honesty, it was a pretty average day off for me. Don't worry though, future posts will be way more exciting than today.

I know many people are disappointed, frustrated, and upset about cancelled plans, vacations, and events. Social distancing may seem extreme and crazy to some, but it does help and will make a difference. It's not a new concept, and during the 1918 Flu Pandemic, social distancing proved to help slow the spread of the virus and save lives. Embrace the time at home with your family, stay calm, and just keep swimming.

To end today's post, I will leave you with something to make you smile - penguins at the Shedd Aquarium on a field trip. 😃🐧 


No comments:

Post a Comment