Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tower Life... Day ... Ummm... What day is it?

I have not posted recently about what I have been doing to pass the time while social distancing, and honestly the last few days have all been fairly similar as I worked out a new routine. One thing is for sure, no matter what I just keep swimming and remain grateful for all the good still surrounding us.



As most of you know, I am a Realtor®, and I am lucky enough to work for a brokerage, eXp Realty, that is completely virtual which means we have always been set up to be able to work from home easily and efficiently. That said, I have been spending a lot of time working at home and at the office (with only about 3 of us at the office at the time, we are able to practice social distancing and stay safe). In these changing times, the Floridays team is doing everything we can to still serve our clients and keep the health and safety of everyone our top priority. You can see the video from our team leader, Mark Middleton, explaining exactly what it is we are doing on our Facebook page HERE.

Many have asked me how the real estate market is doing right now. In some ways, things have slowed down. However, I have buyers who are actively looking, and I showed some properties at the end of last week. There are still sellers looking to list their homes. We had a new listing last week, and two more this week so far. With the ability to look at properties online and virtual showings and virtual open houses, there are still many ways to sell real estate and practice social distancing.

Personally, when I have met with buyers for showings, we greeted each other with a wave and a smile. We maintained distances from each other. I traveled with my long-time, loyal companion: hand sanitizer. Honestly, you can see it is well loved, and when I had a buyer tell me they couldn't find any, I gifted them an extra travel size bottle I brought along. To be honest, I have been collecting and storing hand sanitizer for years. I did not panic buy hand sanitizer or soap because it was not necessary. I already had that much stocked up. Will I need to stock up again after this is all over? Yes. Absolutely. 100% yes.


As for life outside of real estate, I really have started to turn into Rapunzel living in her tower. To date, I have completed five puzzles with another in progress, and one and a half books. I made two shirts on the Cricut. I did laundry. I have been cooking. Cleaned and cleaned and sanitized. I've colored. Played Sudoku and Words with Friends. FaceTimed with friends and family.  I have escaped my tower for a few outdoor walks as well for some much need fresh air and sunshine.




If you are like me and still feeling a little stir crazy at times, hang in there. For now, enjoy the time at home with family, play that game you've been meaning to play, do that craft project you bought supplies for months ago, read that book on your shelf, do that at home project you kept putting off. 


I believe as people calm down and adapt to the changes, find their new routine and normal for the time being, things will stabilize and get better. We will bounce back from this. Be kind to one another, take care of each other, and together we can flatten the curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment